What the title says. This promotion applies to all three Southwest cards but is for residents of California only. If you take part in this offer, you are still eligible for the current signup bonuses for all three cards, which are as follows:
A few important points to consider:
- The Companion Pass earned from this promotion will be valid through 12/31/18, regardless of when the first purchase is made. This is in contrast to earning a Companion Pass the “normal” way (see here), which, if timed properly, can get you a Companion Pass valid for nearly two years.
- The signup bonus on the personal cards has been as high as 60,000 points in the past, so even though you get a Companion Pass, you do give up a potential 20,000 points if you are signing up for one of the personal cards.
- You are not eligible for this offer if you currently hold any Southwest Rapid Rewards card or if you’ve earned a signup bonus from any one of them within the past 24 months.
- All of these cards are subject to the Chase 5/24 rule, so if you’ve opened 5 or more personal credit cards in the past 24 months, you will not be approved for any of them.
Overall though, this is still a pretty good offer and potentially worth doing if you live in California. Note the promotion ends 11/30/17, so sign up before then if you are interested.
Definitely a mistake!
Example search with Google Flights
Availability is through April 2018. You can click through your Google Flights results to book.
Do not book any non-refundable hotels or activities to accompany this until you’re sure they won’t cancel these tickets.
HT: The Flight Deal
This deal can be added via Twitter, which is the simplest and fastest method. If you’re familiar with the process, the hashtag to use is #amexhotelsdotcom.
Otherwise, this offer can be loaded onto your card by logging into your American Express account and checking your Amex Offers at the bottom. Make sure you open each account in a separate tab before adding this offer if you want it on multiple cards.
$10 off $50 @ Hotels.com Gift card (Expires 2/28/17)
Valid only for gift card purchases at www.hotels.com/giftcards.
Gift cards can be combined at this link if you’d like a single card with a larger denomination.
Add promo code UBERCOHOLIDAY in the app.
Expires February 28, 2017.
Add promo code GOODFOOD20 in the app.
Expires January 3, 2017.
You can also skip the website and enter promo code GIVEADAMN in the Lyft app.
Terms and Conditions
- Limited time only and while supplies last.
- Code valid for up to $10 off one ride taken within NY, IL, CO, FL, DC, MA and PA between the hours of 10 PM and 2 AM from 12/22/16 – 12/31/16.
- Credit expires 1/1/17 at 2 am.
- Discount does not apply to tips and any tips are the responsibility of the Lyft user.
Free ride up to $10 in select cities. Currently working in Louisville, Philadelphia, Denver, Minneapolis, and Pittsburgh.
First reported by Doctor of Credit, and he’s keeping his post updated. I didn’t get around to posting this before a few of the other cities expired. Follow his blog if you don’t already 🙂
Link to Doctor of Credit
This offer was available over the weekend, but I was unable to post it before it was redeemed the maximum number of times. Looks like it is available again:
Get 50% off your next 5 rides
- Set up Android Pay with an eligible credit or debit card.
- Open the Uber app and set Android Pay as your default payment option.
- Enter promo code ANDROID50 and enjoy 50% off your next 5 rides (up to $15 off per ride).
- Make sure Android Pay is selected on the confirmation screen.
- Offer ends December 31st, 2016 or while supplies last.
Link to Terms and Conditions
There is a different code for each metropolitan location where it is valid. I currently only know of the following:
San Francisco: HORNITOSSF
San Diego: HORNITOSSD
Your ride will be free if it’s <$10. Promotion expires Sunday.
If your location is not listed, try just opening the app. You might see a pop up window advertising the promotion (that’s how I found this).
Link to Full Terms & Conditions
Enter code AMEXAIRPORT in the Uber app prior to requesting a ride, select an American Express Card as payment, and complete your trip(s) before 12/31/16. Up to $65 will be deducted from the cost of your next two airport rides, with the remainder being charged to your American Express card. You must enter the airport name in the pick-up location in the Uber app when requesting your rides.
Obviously, you need to already have an American Express account, and the free rides work only from the following airports:
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
This is a great deal if you can use it. Add the code to your app beforehand if you think you might.