What the title says. This promotion applies to all three Southwest cards but is for residents of California only. If you take part in this offer, you are still eligible for the current signup bonuses for all three cards, which are as follows:
- Chase Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Card – 40,000 points after $1,000 spend in 3 months, $69 annual fee
- Chase Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Card – 40,000 points after $1,000 spend in 3 months, $99 annual fee
- Chase Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Business Card – 60,000 points after $3,000 spend in 3 months, $99 annual fee
A few important points to consider:
- The Companion Pass earned from this promotion will be valid through 12/31/18, regardless of when the first purchase is made. This is in contrast to earning a Companion Pass the “normal” way (see here), which, if timed properly, can get you a Companion Pass valid for nearly two years.
- The signup bonus on the personal cards has been as high as 60,000 points in the past, so even though you get a Companion Pass, you do give up a potential 20,000 points if you are signing up for one of the personal cards.
- You are not eligible for this offer if you currently hold any Southwest Rapid Rewards card or if you’ve earned a signup bonus from any one of them within the past 24 months.
- All of these cards are subject to the Chase 5/24 rule, so if you’ve opened 5 or more personal credit cards in the past 24 months, you will not be approved for any of them.
Overall though, this is still a pretty good offer and potentially worth doing if you live in California. Note the promotion ends 11/30/17, so sign up before then if you are interested.